Tuition & Fees
- The Forest School of Minnesota application fee is due when submitting the online application, and prior to all Forest School visits. The application fee helps to support the individual time and support your family will be provided when considering enrollment. It also assists in ensuring the opportunity for visits to be available on the calendar for families with children that are interested in enrollment in Forest School. Our school, which is dedicated to providing true Nature Immersion education to our students, receives many inquires, and fulfilling all the requests for visits would not leave any time for teaching, so school visits are limited to families seeking enrollment in the near future.
- Once enrollment is accepted, your families payment of the annual students contribution fee assures your child’s space for the contracted session. This yearly fee is due for each student and is non-refundable. It provides for reinvestment into the needs of this educational offering.
- The Supply Fee for your child’s session is due with the session contract and the enrollment fee. Once your contract is accepted an invoice will be sent via email with the amount due for your supply fee, which is due upon receipt.
- Withdrawal notificatinos are due February 1st, with the last day of attendance either the end of May or the end of August. Parents are responsible for the financial agreement made through the end of the session or calendar year if they choose to withdrawal their child outside of the Withdrawal and attendence dates, regardless of continued attendance. Example: If it is November, and you choose to withdrawal your student, you are responsible for Tuition and lunch until the end of the Three Seasons Session in May. If it is July, and you decide to withdrawal your student, your financial responsibility is through the calendar year, ending in December.
- Tuition must be paid by the due date indicated for both monthly payments and session payments or a late fee (SI0.00 per day) will be incurred for each day beyond the due date.
- The Forest School of Minnesota's partnership with Polarn O Pyret, provides the essential comfort for FSMN students to enjoy year around exploring, and a FSMN discount on specific clothing items needed for our Nature Immersion Educational experience.
Tuition Payment Schedule
- Monthly Tuition Payments are due the 25th of each preceding month.
- If you choose to pay your tuition in one session payment, the $15.00 per month accounting fee is waived.
- Attentiveness to arrivals and departures are very important, establishing respect for your child’s teacher and classmates. To ensure timely arrivals and departures we have a early/late fee of S1.00 per minute.
- Enrollment in each session is for the full session regardless of your child’s attendance, thus we cannot reduce tuition for family holidays.
- Healthy Participation. Students are expected to come to school in good health, without fever, vomiting or rash, for a FULL 24 hours after the last symptom has subsided. In the event they are taking a antibiotic, the antibiotic course must have started 24 hours previous to the start of the school day. Germs spread quickly among children, and quickly to us as their teachers. Please be mindful of all of our health and keep your child home from school if they are ill.
- Should you miss a day(s) of school due to taking a holiday or an illness, please know we do not make the days up of your child’s absence in Forest School, and we ask that you please not ask us to do so. Kindly respect our policy. We all miss days from time to time, and as teachers, our immune system is very robust and in my 24 years of teaching we have fortunately remained very healthy, please help us to keep it that way.
- Enrollment in the Forest School of Minnesota is year around. Secured placement of your requested schedule is provided for your child upon submission of your contract/s. When you submit a contract for enrollment we anticipate, plan, and make accomodations for your child’s participation. As parents you commit to continual tuition responsibility and payment when you sign the FSMN contract. You agree to pay the agreed financial commitment for the entire session/s in which you have contracted and follow the policies of withdrawal. Withdrawal notices must be submitted February 1st, with a last day of participation date of the end of May or the end of August. When ending your enrollment in The Forest School, a written paper withdrawal notice will be required and submitted for the signature of the Founder of the Forest School. If you choose to withdraw your student at any other time during the calendar year, not in complience with the contractual agreement, you agree to be financially responsible for the financial agreement you have most currently been paying until the end of the calendar year in December. We are a continuously enrolled program and parents are financially responsible for the unpaid tuition and lunch together commitment for the remainder of the session for which they were enrolled or until the end of the calendar year. Monthly payments may continue to be made with all post dated checks for each month until your , submitted upon withdrwal of the student, with the monthly due date of the 25th of each month written on each check, until the contractual obligation has been fulfilled